Boost - EF86 Tube Pedal
The BOOST is a boutique all-analog vacuum tube pedal using a pentode to deliver warm, clean gain for overdriving amplifier inputs or other pedals. A simple tone control lets you contour the result, helping to prevent muddiness and maintain punch. Primarily designed for studio use, this pedal offers superb signal-to-noise performance, implements true-bypass, and provides a buffered output capable of driving long cables or other pedals with ease.
Hand built in USA.
- True bypass
- 1 x EF86, all analog circuit
- 24dB maximum gain
- 40Hz to 4kHz bandwidth
- 220k ohm input impedance
- 600mV input, onset of clipping
- 8Vrms output capability
- 220V tube supply
- Inverting polarity
- 4.0" x 5.0" x 4.5"
- Includes 9V supply, tube, 10-year warranty
- "Great sounding all-tube gain that you can add in front of an amplifier or to other pedals on your board, to kick the front-end and drive 'em into more saturation and overdrive ... My little silverface Princeton which sounded killer too, I had the Princeton cranked up to about 7 or 8 and then just cranked up this pedal in front of it and nailed it. Was able to get the ah, you know, the Princeton to scream. It sounded really cool" - Pete Thorn
- "Amazing boost! I originally bought it to try in the effects loop on one of my amps, but when that didn't sound as expected (it wasn't advertised as being meant for that, I just wanted to try it for myself) I used it in the front of the amp after all my other pedals and all I can say is WOW! The EF86 tube adds a ton of character, clarity, and sparkle to any amp, and works amazing after other overdrives. A+"
- "Got to say I have been enjoying the pedal quite a bit. Use it mostly as a boost/slight OD and it performs beautifully. Love the complexity of the ef86."
- "The pedal plays like a dream, I love it!"
- "I received the boost today. I wanted to say I’m impressed. Great tone, excellent boost."