Overdrive - 12AX7 Tube Pedal
The OVERDRIVE is a boutique all-analog vacuum tube pedal with enough gain to push itself into classic preamp-style overdrive, delivering warm, fat, crunchy, and rich tones. Primarily designed for studio use, this pedal offers superb signal-to-noise performance, implements true-bypass, and provides a buffered output capable of driving long cables or other pedals with ease. Doubles as a clean boost / buffer or EQ pedal at lower gains.
Equalization and gain are flat when controls are set to center, allowing for a wide range of operation and tonality. For lower gain, other tubes can be substituted, such as the 5751, 12AT7, or 12AY7.
Hand built in USA.
- True bypass
- 1 x 12AX7, all analog circuit
- 30dB maximum gain
- 220k ohm input impedance
- 35mV input, onset of clipping
- 180V tube supply
- Non-inverting polarity
- 4.0" x 5.0" x 4.5"
- Includes 9V supply, tube, 10-year warranty
- Do not spill liquids onto pedal
- Do not use standard negative 9V pedal power supply
- Do not use low current power supply
- Wait 20 seconds for tube to warm up (delayed high voltage)
- Do not operate without tube
- "WOW! Rich, warm, improved harmonics, you name it. Yes, plenty of good ODs out there, but within the first few minutes of using this one, it enriches incredibly well... solid state and tube amps... clean, crunch and hi-gain. Exceptionally done!"
- "I like how the pedal sounds like my amp, which is what an overdrive should sound like. I know it’s not to say the sort of sound you guys may be into, but I really like it a lot when I have the amp distorted like a classic Marshall, and then stomp on the overdrive. It adds another gain stage in that makes it sound like a modded/hot rotted amp for more hard rock/metal tones. But doesn’t sound like a distortion box going into a distorted amp. Doesn’t get muddy, just adds extra crunch and sustain on single notes, etc. Very nice!"
- "I have to say, that if I were forced to choose one pedal currently in my house to keep, it would be yours, Jim."
- "The short story is that this is a more harmonically rich/dense version of my favorite OD to date - the Bearfoot Honeybee. Very nice."
- "Very flexible. This is the bane of many drive pedals. It’s very easily tuneable and intuitive. The tone controls are some of the most flexible I’ve encountered (rivals the Timmy). I ran my Timmy into it, and was able to get an angry tone out of it. While I’m not inclined toward doing so on a regular basis, I have to say that the edge coming from the Timmy combined with the harmonic density from the Hag-drive was very, very nice. It stacks very well with something in front of it."