Boost - EF86 Tube Pedal
The BOOST is a boutique all-analog vacuum tube pedal using a pentode to deliver warm, clean gain for overdriving amplifier inputs or other pedals. A simple tone control lets you contour the result, helping to prevent muddiness and maintain punch. Primarily designed for studio use, this pedal offers superb signal-to-noise performance, implements true-bypass, and provides a buffered output capable of driving long cables or other pedals with ease.
Hand built in USA.
- True bypass
- 1 x EF86, all analog circuit
- 24dB maximum gain
- 40Hz to 6kHz bandwidth
- 220k ohm input impedance
- 600mV input, onset of clipping
- 8Vrms output capability
- 220V tube supply
- Inverting polarity
- 4.0" x 5.0" x 4.5"
- Includes 9V supply, tube, 10-year warranty
- "Great sounding all-tube gain that you can add in front of an amplifier or to other pedals on your board, to kick the front-end and drive 'em into more saturation and overdrive ... My little silverface Princeton which sounded killer too, I had the Princeton cranked up to about 7 or 8 and then just cranked up this pedal in front of it and nailed it. Was able to get the ah, you know, the Princeton to scream. It sounded really cool" - Pete Thorn
- "Got to say I have been enjoying the pedal quite a bit. Use it mostly as a boost/slight OD and it performs beautifully. Love the complexity of the ef86."
- "The pedal plays like a dream, I love it!"
- "I received the boost today. I wanted to say I’m impressed. Great tone, excellent boost."
- Do not spill liquids onto pedal
- Do not use standard negative 9V pedal power supply
- Do not use low current power supply
- Wait 20 seconds for tube to warm up (delayed high voltage)
- Do not operate without tube