PP12 - Push-Pull 12W Amplifier
The PP12 is an all-new modern EL84-powered tube amplifier design incorporating the novel Hagerman Clipper circuit as its high-gain channel. Delivering a very clean and low-noise 8 watts makes it ideal as a pedal platform, or 12 watts when pushed hard. There is a half-power switch on the rear for bedroom practice. This is not your Grandfather's amplifier! It boasts many unique features not found elsewhere, such as inductive rectification, a contour tone control prior to clipping, the all-tube Hagerman Clipper, and a passive analog cabinet simulator for line / headphone output. Each stage is fine-tuned to play in harmony with the whole and the transition from clean to dirty is exceptionally smooth, remaining under control without introducing harshness. You can crank it up while maintaining tone and articulation. This original design sacrifices maximum power in exchange for better tonality and behavior, not to mention longer tube life.
PP12 is available with a custom pine head cabinet. Please specify 120VAC or 240VAC when ordering.
- 8W clean output power @ 8Ω (12W dirty)
- 50Hz-8kHz bandwidth, @ 1W
- 2 x 12AX7, 1 x 12AU7, 2 x EL84, 1 x 5AR4 tube complement
- Contour, Drive, Clip, Bass, Treble, Level, Power controls
- Headphone output with passive analog simulation
- 16 x 8 x 9 inches, 15 pounds
- "I’m loving it, especially with my 64 Strat and 57 LesPaul junior! I can get a really good blues/rock sound without using pedals."